Most wanted Boko Haram commander ‘surrenders’ to military

The Emir of Gwoza in Gwoza Local Government area of Borno State, His Royal Highness, Alhaji Mohammed Shehu Timta, has said that the most wanted commander of Boko Haram terrorists, Mallam Yathabalwe, has laid down his arms.

Addressing journalists on Friday, the Emir revealed that Mallam Yathabalwe, who had been terrorising Gwoza and the surrounding Mandara Mountain communities, has  surrendered to the troops of Operation Hadin Kai.

Sources say that Mallam Yathabalwe, before surrendering, had been responsible for a series of attacks and killings, including the slaughtering of farmers on their farmlands in Gwoza LGA and environs.

“We are happy to confirm and inform you that the most wanted top Commander of Boko Haram who had been terrorising Gwoza and other surrounding Mandara Mountain communities in my domain, Mallam Yathabalwe, has surrendered to troops of ‘Operation Hadin Kai’ in the North-East,” the Emir said.

READ ALSO  Tinubu’s perverse electricity solution, by

“He willingly came out from his enclave on Friday morning with two AK47 rifles and some ammunition. He was then handed over to the troops of the Nigerian military in Gwoza, after which he may be taken to Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, for further questioning or action.

“Yathabalwe, before surrendering, has been terrorising my people for many years, especially making it very difficult for farmers to access their farmlands. With this new development, we are hopeful that total peace will return to Gwoza and its environs.”

More to follow…

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*